VILNIUS UNIVERSITY CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE
VILNIUS UNIVERSITY CONFUCIUS INSTITUTE (VUCI) – is the first and the biggest Chinese language and culture centre in Lithuania. It was established in 2010, under an agreement between Vilnius University and Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban), in co-operation with Liaoning university. A new contract was signed with a new partner university – East China Normal University – in June, 2021. VUCI‘s main objectives are to strengthen sinology studies, to promote scientific research and academic exchanges and to introduce Chinese culture. Actively collaborating with Lithuanian high schools and cultural institutions VUCI organizes different kinds of events where the forms of traditional Chinese culture such as art, music, literature, medicine, religion and philosophy are presented. VUCI also offers public lectures delivered by distinguished scholars from China and other European countries. VUCI engages in various language and culture courses offering useful knowledge for students and professionals.
- Chinese language courses
- International HSK, HSKK exams
- Summer camps in China for high school students and university students
- Confucius Institute scholarships
- Qigong and taijiquan courses
- Traditional Chinese medicine seminars
- Chinese painting and calligraphy workshops
- Lectures and talks about Chinese culture
For more detailed info please find us on Facebook (Vilniaus universiteto Konfucijaus institutas).
M.K. Ciurlionio st. 21, Building 2, LT-03101, Vilnius, Lithuania
Confucius Institute at Vilnius University structure
VU Confucius Institute – is a mutual project of Vilnius University and Liaoning University. There are two directors of CI – from Lithuania’s side – Vilma Matulevičienė, from China’s side – prof. Zhou Jie. Strategic decisions are made by the members of the Board of VU CI:
Presidents of the Board:
- Prof. Artūras Žukauskas, Rector of Vilnius University;
- Prof. Pan Yishan, President of Liaoning university.
Deputy presidents of the Board:
- Prof. Rimantas Jankauskas, Vice-rector of Vilnius University;
- Prof. Sun Shiguo, Vice-president of Liaoning University.
Members of the Board:
- Dr. Vytis Silius - Lector of VU Institue of Asian and Transculture studies;
- Raimonda Markevičienė - Director of Department of International Relations at Vilnius University;
- Jiang Lei - Director of Department of International Relations at Liaoning University;
- Wang Liyan - Director of the Office of Liaoning University Confucius Institutes.